|You may want to know:|
How to update the bios? Please click here.
Besides downloading the bios file, you also need the Flash Utility to flash bios rom. (For files before Aug 2001)
- CPU support list
- For more FAQs about BIOS relationship, click here please.
- You won't need to update BIOS until the latest bios has improve / fix some functions.
- You won't need to upgrade through all of the BIOS files, just upgrade to the latest one please and it will include all previous improvments.
- The CMOS data will be lost after flashing the BIOS. You may need to enter the BIOS setup screen and configure your system information after rebooting the machine.
Bios Issue Date:2004/08/19
- AMD Sempron CPU support.
- BIOS compile date: 08/19/2004
Bios Issue Date:2004/02/24
- Please use the AWDFLASH
v8.24F flash utility to update the KD7A BIOS.
- Beep before boot.
- Changed ROMSIP table to enhance performance.
- Changed default third boot device to CDROM.
- Changed default RTC year to 2004.
- Added new "Master Delay Transaction" item and set default to Disable"
for better compatibility with SATA RAID cards.
- Fixed an issue where "CPU Fast Command Decode" may disappear when
CPU FSB is 166/200 MHz.
- Removed "An Energy Star Ally" string.
- BIOS compile date: 02/24/2003
Bios Issue Date:2003/08/28
- Please use flash utility AWDFLASH
v8.24F to update KD7A BIOS.
- Change wording "DDR SDRAM at bank" to "DDR at DIMM".
- Change some error in DMI pool data.
- Fix the issue that the system occasionally hangs at post code 26 if the
system is using 133/166 FSB CPU and the power was turned off during boot up
procedure when the post code is AE.
- BIOS compile date: 08/28/2003.
Bios Issue Date:2003/07/25
- First release.
- BIOS Compile date: 7/25/2003.