|You may want to know:|
How to update the bios? Please click here.
Besides downloading the bios file, you also need the Flash Utility to flash bios rom. (For files before Aug 2001)
- CPU support list
- For more FAQs about BIOS relationship, click here please.
- You won't need to update BIOS until the latest bios has improve / fix some functions.
- You won't need to upgrade through all of the BIOS files, just upgrade to the latest one please and it will include all previous improvments.
- The CMOS data will be lost after flashing the BIOS. You may need to enter the BIOS setup screen and configure your system information after rebooting the machine.
Bios Issue Date:2005/03/30
- Separate BIOS for IS7-G and IS7/IS7-E
- Add CPU micro code
- BIOS compiled date: 03/30/2005
Bios Issue Date:2004/11/23
- Updated CPU micro code.
- Added adjustable MAX & MIN multiplier item for certain retail INTEL CPUs.
- Supports certain SATA CDROM when "OnChip Serial ATA" is running in "Enhanced Mode".
- Changed "PWM Shutdown Temperature" as "Disabled", "PWM Warning Temperature" default to 95 degree C.
- BIOS compile date: 11/23/2004
Bios Issue Date:2004/08/16
- Updated CPU micro code.
- BIOS compile date: 08/16/2004
Bios Issue Date:2004/04/27
- Updated CPU Micro Code.
- Shows MAC Address of onboard LAN chip in System Configuration section if
"Onboard Network Controller" is disabled.
- Added AWDFLASH v8.32 support for the "ALT+F2" hot key function.
- Enhanced compatibility with certain power supplies.
- Fixed an issue where the "OnChip SATA Raid Rom" item could
not be disabled.
- Calibrated CPU temperature.
- Added "PWM Shutdown Temperature" item.
- Added "PWM Warning Temperature" item.
- BIOS compile date: 04/27/2004
Bios Issue Date:2004/03/12
- Fixed the "CPU is unworkable" error message for P4 Prescott 2.4G
(533MHz/ 1M L2/ 90nm) CPUs. Please follow the steps below to update the BIOS:
- Press <F1> key to continue booting when the "CPU is unworkable"
error message shows on screen.
- Boot up the system from bootable floppy disk and then update BIOS.
- BIOS compile date: 03/12/2004.
Bios Issue Date:2004/02/23
- Fixed a problem where the system cannot boot into Windows if
- The OS is installed on the SATA hard disk when both SATA and PATA hard
disks are present.
- The PATA hard disk is removed after the OS installation.
- Updated Prescott CPU micro code.
- Changed the default year to 2004.
- Updated Intel OSB logo.
- Enhanced compatibility with certain non-RAID cards.
- Updated INTEL RAID BIOS to version 22.214.171.12403.
- BIOS compile date: 02/23/2004.
Bios Issue Date:2003/11/04
- Updated CPU micro code.
- Added Pentium 4 Extreme Edition support.
- Fixed the problem where the CAS latency can not be set manually when the
CPU:DRAM is set to PSB8000/5:4 or PSB800/3:2.
- Fixed the problem where the hard disk will not be recognized if the OnChip
SATA is set to "Combined Mode" then choose "RAID".
- Fixed the problem where system will reboot when the "Resume by Alarm" is
enabled and user pressed power button to shutdown the system during POST.
- Fixed HDD size detected as 136GB when 200/250/300 GB SATA drives are connected
to SATA1 or SATA2 (ICH5 SATA channels).
- BIOS compile date: 11/04/2003
Bios Issue Date:2003/08/15
- Updated CPU micro code (0F29H/14H).
- Added hot key wording to enter BIOS setup when full screen logo enabled.
- Changed the option wording from "OnChip SATA" to "OnChip
SATA RAID" for "Bootable Add-in Device".
- Changed the default setting of "OnBoard IR Port" to "Disabled".
- Fixed the booting failure problem of Maxtor SATA HDD (Model name: 6Y120M0)
in ICH5R RAID 0 status. (for IS7-G and IS7 only)
- Changed the option wordings of "Boot Device" from "ZIP100"
to "ZIP100/250" and from "USB-ZIP" to "USB-ZIP/LS120".
- Enhanced the system stability when over clocks the CPU FSB over 255 MHz
with CPU:DRAM = 1:1 setting. (Over clocking is out of warranty)
- Revised the wording of memory status from "DDR at Bank" to "DDR
at DIMM" in system configuration table.
- Fixed the problem that specific CD-ROM device could not be correctly detected
when there is specific HDD connected onto the same IDE cable.
- BIOS Compile Date: 8/15/2003.
Bios Issue Date:2003/07/14
- Fixed the problem that no effect during POST if change "Delay IDE
Initial" in BIOS setup.
- Revised the wording of IEEE1394 controller in PCI device listing.
- Fixed the problem that DOS4GW.EXE causes system hang-up in DOS environment.
- Added function that automatically detects CPU operation speed after discharging
- Added SATA RAID 1 function for Intel ICH5R south bridge.The IAA RAID driver should be updated to v3.5 or later to support RAID 1 in
- BIOS Compile date: 7/14/2003.
Bios Issue Date:2003/07/02
- Fixes wrong system operation caused by incomplete discharging CMOS
data by CCMOS jumper.
- Shows the correct IRQ of IDE Controller in PCI Devices Listing.
- Fixes CPU Thermal Throttling behavior while under minus temperature,
and supports minus temperature reading in BIOS Setup.
- Fixes the problem that system could not automatically get into S4
mode, after enabled Power Scheme of "Power Option" under Windows
- Updates CPU Microcode (CPUID=0F13h, Patch ID=05h ; CPUID=0F12h, Patch
- Fix the problem that PCU Slot Device in "-Bootabled Add-in Device"
function can not boot up in top priority.
- BIOS Compile Date: 7/02/2003
Bios Issue Date:2003/06/10
- Added support for IS7-G, IS7, and IS7-E.
- Updated CPU micro code (CPU: 0F29H, ID=11H).
- Added CPU multiplier 8X for engineering sample CPU and maximum CPU frequency
- Revised setup menu for OnChip Serial ATA.
- Fixed on-chip SATA boot issue while another bootable hard drives exist and
attached to IDE-1 or IDE-2.
- Updated memory reference code and ICH5 BIOS spec to v1.2.
- Fixed PS/2 mouse malfunctioning problem while the USB cable of Media XP
attached to mainboard.
- Fixed DOS 6.22 booting failure from FAT16 partition.
- Fixed BIOS hang-up problem which is caused by specific CPU cooling fan reporting
error RPM to BIOS when CPU FanEQ 60% enabled.
- Revised the following default settings in BIOS setup page. - Bootable Add-in
Device: PCI Slot Device - CPU FanEQ Active Temperature: 70 C - CPU Warning
Temperature: 85 C
- Added 80, 85, and 90 degrees C into "Shutdown Temperature".
- Enabled "IDE Block Mode" and hided the option.
- Revised ICH5R RAID BIOS display issue.
- Revised power-on delay time from 4~5 seconds to 1~2 seconds after AC power
lost and resumed.
- Added description for "Bootable Add-in Device".
- Fixed the problem that NB fan still reports full speed in PC Health page
when "CPU FanEQ Speed Control" is enabled.
- Added new option "IDE Bus Master".
- Added description for "Shutdown when CPUFAN Fail".
- Revised the wording of IDE channels inside the BIOS Setup. IDE Channel 0,
1, 2, and 3 are changed to 1, 2, 3, and 4.
- Added new option "SATA RAID ROM" to setup both "OnBoard SATA"
and "OnChip SATA".
- Added new option "HDD Change Message" in Advanced BIOS Features
and the default setting is "Disabled". If this option is changed
to "Enabled",the system will show warning message and prompt for
a confirmation whenone or more than one HDD had been added into or removed
from the system.
- Fixed "CPU THRM-Throttling" function.
- Added new options "Refresh Cycle Time", "Read Delay Adjust
(tRD Adj)", and "Command Per Clock (CPC)".
- Changed the default setting of "Drive A" from "None"
to "1.44M" after Load Fail-safe Defaults.
- Changed the default setting of "OnCip Serial ATA" to "Auto".
- Added "Game Accelerator" technology.
- Revised the error reading of fan speed for specific CPU cooling fan when
FanEQ 60% enabled.
- Fixed the slow detection problem when HDD simulation card installed.
- Fixed the problem that SMARTDRV.EXE malfunction in DOS 6.22 environment.
- Fixed the problem that Windows 98 bootable floppy disk causes system hang
up during loading CD-ROM driver when "OnChip Serial ATA" is set
to"Auto" or "Enhanced Mode".
- Removed the option "Force Update ESCD".
- BIOS Compile Date: 6/10/2003.
Bios Issue Date:2003/04/23
- First release.
- BIOS Compile Date: 4/23/2003.